Friday, March 18, 2016

Just a rainy day!

Today in 6th grade ELA enhancement class kids had the opportunity to have an electronics day.  We had finished a test and it's a rainy Friday. What could be better than zoning out in the computer lab, playing your favorite game?  I was pleasantly surprised when they wanted to play Kahoot!.  They didn't want to zone out on their own.  They wanted to do something together!  Yippee!

I have played Kahoot! at workshops, but honestly I really don't know much about it.  So, I was honest and said,  "I don't really know much about it, but, I would love to watch you."  Apparently the kids already have accounts made for other classes (kudos to those teachers!)  This plays into what we talk about all the time.  Don't be afraid to learn from students!  I know I have lots to learn.  I know things... but they know things too and I will be missing out if I don't give up some teacher ego and learn from them.

So, a lazy, rainy Friday afternoon turned into school for the teacher.

Here's a link if you would like to check it out:

Kahoot!


Happy Friday Afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment