Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One week in...How do you feel?

Most of the teachers in my area have had students back for one week.  By this point, a teacher can sort of size up the classroom dynamics and see what needs tweeking and the direction that will need to be followed for a successful year.  As a teacher was picking up her class from the library the other day she asked, "how did it go?"  My answer was,  "I learned lots of things today, so it was a good day."  As teachers, or in my case librarians, we must take opportunities to learn; and not just from a professional development standpoint.  We must be willing to let learning happen in the most basic of ways... one on one.   In order to make my classes better, I must use what happens and build on that for the next time.    I can't go back and change what didn't go well.  But, I can do my best to make sure that what I do in the future uses what I learned to move forward in the most positive manner possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment