Sunday, August 20, 2017

#nErDcampMI... oh Wow!


When I began this journey as a librarian I looked for resources.  I had the certificate telling me I was a certified librarian and I had attended some webinars and I was not shy in asking questions of my neighboring school librarians, but I decided to learn more.  I thought about checking into an MLIS; I'm still thinking about it.  

I'm not sure how I found popular bloggers.  I probably searched for popular literacy bloggers or perhaps book experts.  Who knows... I came upon several blogs including Nerdy Book Club,  Colby Sharp's Sharpread and Mr. Schu's MrSchureads.  That led me to nErDcampMI.  I had watched from afar for the first few years, but this year was different.  I attended!

It's really difficult to describe what this is like.  The attendees are authors and literacy experts and librarians and teachers.  There were 1600 people there and if I could have I would have stood and conversed with all of them.  Of course there was some awesome giveaways and there were a few vendors.  There were book giveaways and books you could buy.  The pre-conference panel focused on diversity and there were workshops and panels about lots of different things.  




I can't begin to say thank you enough to all those who volunteered to make this a truly worthwhile event.  I came home with a new clarity.  I came home with lots of books.  And, I came home with memories of an experience I will not soon forget!  


No comments:

Post a Comment