Sunday, July 28, 2019

School Supplies



Yesterday we visited with our daughter and her family at her house.  While we were getting ready to leave and saying our goodbyes she pulled me over and said she had something for me.  She handed me the cutest bag full of school supplies.  She is the best and she remembers all the times I purchased extra school supplies for students.  Even at 27, she is a teacher's kid.  

I love how community rallies around schools and students.  Parents and community members are always pitching in to help out with school supplies, or special treat days or cleaning up after reading night.  People will stay after to help stack up chairs after graduation.  It's amazing!  

And, I see this in all our area schools.  My cousin and her husband just donated two pallets of wipes to be distributed in her local school district to teachers to have in their classrooms.  We take care of each other and we make sure kids have what they need.  I could name lots of programs, like the backpack program that every school has.  Coats, clothes, toiletries... it's all there when needed. 

I have even noticed that college campuses are filling student's needs.  I see posts about clothes and food availability all the time.   It really warms the heart to hear about all the ways that everyone helps out.  And, having said that I know there are needs that go not met.  I know it's not perfect.  I wish it were.  

I hope we are doing our best.  I think we are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment